2.3.2. The learning attainment away from Slovenian youngsters

2.3.2. The learning attainment away from Slovenian youngsters

Having 51.1% out of 15-31 12 months-olds inside work inside 2019, Slovenia have a diminished a position speed than simply OECD countries an average of (54.3%) – even in the event a bit greater than the fresh new Eu mediocre out of 50.9% (Figure 2.cuatro, Panel An effective). One of many reason behind the new apparently lower a position rates are the fresh few years more youthful Slovenians invest in training. Into the 2018, the fresh new express from childhood who had been subscribed to training was the third-large certainly OECD regions (Figure dos.4, Panel B). Meanwhile, the latest display regarding young people just who blend degree and you may work is comparable for Slovenia plus the OECD normally, getting twenty-seven.8% and you can 27.2% respectively. Among students, the latest share at the office college students increases to one-1 / 2 of (European Commission, 2015) , as much take part in ‘beginner work’, a binding agreement limited to help you youngsters. Some reforms enhanced brand new scholar functions agency charges and you will created full public security insurance rates standards, reducing the monetary benefits associated with such a career. However, several advantages to own companies remain, particularly fewer protections facing dismissal and you may exemptions away from meal and travel allowances.

The learning attainment of your own Slovenian inhabitants has increased dramatically because the the start of the fresh 100 years

Younger employees are commonly short term teams, but their show has dropped. Among fifteen-twenty four 12 months-old group, 38% stored a long-term bargain for the 2019, compared to 74% along side OECD and you may 57% along side Eu twenty eight (Contour dos.5). Once they get to the 25-34 year age bracket, but not, new share away from teams having a long-term bargain rises so you’re able to from the three-quarters (Eu Commission, 2018) . Centered on research conducted recently, the latest 2013 A position Relations Operate – aligned to reduce rates differences when considering short-term and permanent deals – managed to get probably be for temporary personnel and underemployed folks of all age groups so you’re able to changeover towards the a career which have a permanent deal (Vodopivec, 2019) . It result is mirrored within the a rising show out of fifteen-twenty four year-olds that have long lasting contracts since 2015.

Non-completion regarding compulsory degree (doing decades fifteen) is quite uncommon, although some population communities, also Roma, are more-portrayed one of dropouts. In 2019, fewer than 5% regarding 25-34 year-olds hadn’t completed higher secondary school, weighed against fourteen.6% within the 2000 (Profile 2.6). That it benefit along with measures up favourably towards OECD mediocre away from fifteen.4%. A higher display of males (5.5%) than woman (cuatro Hialeah escort girl.2%) don’t done top secondary school.

Source: Committee A: OECD, “LFS by Sex and you can Years”, OECD A career Database, Panel B: Individual computations based on Work Force Surveys and you can OECD (2019) , Training immediately 2019

In the several-thirds out-of significantly less than-25-year-olds (excluding internationally mobile children) enrol from the college. Considering the attractive investment conditions (come across Box dos.2), Slovenia features, which have 66%, the new next higher rates from youngsters which enter tertiary studies at any section ahead of their twenty five th birthday celebration certainly OECD nations for which the data is offered, and you may well over the OECD(29) and you will European union(19) averages of forty two%. Although not, the share which in fact scholar with a bachelor’s degree from inside the theoretic period as well as three-years 53%, a reduced worth one of the 21 OECD places and you can nations for which research for the cohort come (OECD, 2019) . The fresh express out-of tertiary graduates certainly one of twenty-five-34 year-olds still improved rapidly over the past two (close to the OECD average out-of 44.9%). Women in sort of will in all probability features graduated out-of college or university: Into the 2019, 55.1% of women throughout the generation twenty five-34 had a beneficial college degree, than the 34.3% of Slovenian people (OECD, 2020) .

Many Slovenian people like vocational songs and you may level when you look at the Technology, Technology, Systems and Mathematics (STEM). That have 71% off higher secondary children enrolled in vocational otherwise elite group programmes, new display is considerably over the OECD cross-country mediocre from 42% (OECD, 2019) . New pit to the OECD average shuts on college top, where twenty-six% out-of bachelor students for the 2017 learnt a base subject, versus 23% OECD mediocre (Shape 2.7). Slovenian graduates along with more frequently get a qualification for the a discipline related to degree or solution, if you are a fairly straight down share than elsewhere obtains a business, administration and you may laws; health insurance and welfare; otherwise arts and you will humanities training. The latest 2017 OECD Knowledge Approach Diagnostic statement detailed the relatively lowest proportions of health and passions and you can advice and you can communication tech students may contribute to skills shortages, regardless of if fitness markets shortages are currently local and you can speciality-particular (OECD, 2017) .

Smart Tec
Hospitality Integrated Solutions